Saturday, April 03, 2010

FOODIE FRIDAY

Pink Pepper Pork

This is a pork recipe I invented one evening when I wanted to cook something new, but quickly. 

Thin slices of lonza [loin] or pork escalopes
olive oil
fresh herbs of your choice
a few pink peppercorns, some chilli flakes and coarse seasalt
orange slices to garnish

Put the herbs - I used fresh thyme, sage and rosemary - in a pestle and mortar with the peppercorns and other seasoning and whack them all round a bit.  Put the herb mixture on a plate and quicly pass the pork slices through it, one by one, on both sides.  Heat a little olive oil - no more than 1 tablesp - on a griddle pan and cook the pork slices.  They'll only take a minute or so on each side. 





Put on a serving plate, garnish and serve immediately.





I served this with a salad of rocket and oranges which needs only olive oil. 



Pastieri and Cassata

Last night I was wondering what to have for supper when the doorbell rang and it was my student Salvo the postman bearing gifts of food!  His wife had made me some meat pastieri and a traditional cassata.





My friend Katia from loveSicily has a pastieri recipe here and a cassata one here.

Grazie, Salvo e la signora Salvo!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you do nothing but eat? I already weigh 17 stone...

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

A tasty but simple dish.. I am going to give this a try .. :-)

Happy Easter to you and Simi xx

Bella Baita Marla said...

These look delicious. How lucky to have such thoughtful students! I must be thick LW, but I haven't been able to figure out the award you said you had for me here. I don't mean to seem thoughtless, just unable to find it. Sorry about that. Marla

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Got nothing else to do, Mutley... Hi, Anne. I'm glad you like this idea. Happy Easter to you, too. xx Ciao, Maria. It's on a post further down called "A Happy Post." No worries.

Counters


View My Stats