Tuesday, March 08, 2022

INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY 2022




March 8th, La festa della donna, is widely celebrated in Italy and you see mimosa blossom everywhere. Here's why it is a symbol of this day. Arrangements such as those in the photo above are sold in supermarkets and in the streets (the one on the left containing artificial mimosa, of course but it's a pretty idea) and I bought the one below this morning:




Also this morning in my favourite bar all breakfasts and coffee consumed by women were paid for by a local business and we were each given little gifts of flowers - something to brighten our day after two years in which we haven't really been able to celebrate this day.




The dark times, as we know, continue and my thoughts today are with all the women who cannot celebrate International Women's Day in their own homes or even in their own country and who, unlike me, have had no choice in the matter. I'm sure you will join me in wishing them peace.

2 comments:

CherryPie said...

How lovely that women are treated so specially on this day :-)

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, CherryPie. Sorry about the late reply. Yes, it is a really lovely occasion here.

Counters


View My Stats