Saturday, March 22, 2014

SABATO MUSICALE - SISTER ACT

There is only one performance that everyone in Italy is talking about this week, and it is this one by Ursuline nun Suor Cristina on The Voice of Italy talent show. All I can say is, "Wow!" and I am sure you will, too.  I am doubly wowed by the fact that Suor Cristina is Sicilian, from Comiso.

She chose the rapper J-Ax as her mentor as he was the first of the panel to turn round. He told Suor Cristina,

"If I'd met you when I went to Mass as a child I'd be Pope by now!"

When asked why she wanted to try her luck on The Voice, Suor Cristina said, 

"Because I have a gift and I offer it to you."  

As to what the Vatican might have to say about her appearance on the programme, Suor Cristina said she was expecting a phone call from Pope Francis. There is no word yet as to whether this has happened, but I, for one, believe that it will and that he will be delighted.

Go for it, Suor Cristina!

Suor Cristina - No One 

4 comments:

Saucy Siciliana said...

I missed it because I don't watch the voice but I've seen her all over the web. The new Soeur Sourire, remember the singing nun?:) Amazing!

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

I watched this , well a link to her, I thought she was amazing but I also thought ,what would happen if she won . :-)

Lee said...

She certainly is quite amazing...and very brave.

I, too, believe Pope Francis will get a kick out of this. I don't think he will be upset. He seems to be very liberal.

I enjoy "The Voice"...the latest season starts here shortly.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, Francesca. I don't usually watch it either but I did see last week's. Yes, I remember the Singing Nun well! Hi, Anne. We'll soon find out! Hi, Lee. "The Voice" seems to be everywhere!

Counters


View My Stats