Thursday, October 17, 2013

"UN PICCOLO PIATTO"

It's always nice to have lunch out with a friend and this is what we were served the other day when we each asked for a piccolo piatto [little plate] of antipasti:

A fish-based selection for my friend....


.... and salumi- based antipasti for me - the speck timballo [right]
was particularly good.


Then an Italian version of steak au poivre for the main course - excellent.
After that lot we decided to be good and take some exercise,  so we walked to another bar for ice cream.

5 comments:

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Definitely my sort of meal , I know cannot eat fish , but either would be good for me ,, love all of it ,, ha ha , yeah walk off the meal , TO the dessert :-) xx

Whispering Walls said...

Both of those antipasti look fabulous! Love your post-prandial exercise!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, Anne. That's my kind of exercise| x Hi, WW. Best kind!

Liz Hinds said...

I'm a lady who lunches today too, welshcakes. With an old friend. I think our lunch will be more typically Welsh - maybe fish and chips!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

The difference is that here women do not often lunch together, Liz - too busy preparing the family meal at home! It's only my Brit friends who will meet up at that time of day. Enjoy the fish and chips!

Counters


View My Stats