Friday, February 17, 2012

ORANGE CHICKEN




The simplest recipes are the best and this one for pollo all'arancia, from a regional cookbook that came with a newspaper, is fantastic!  Unusually, for a Sicilian recipe, it used butter instead of olive oil and the other ingredients are orange juice and rind, lemon juice, sage, garlic, a little flour and white wine.  The sprigs of rosemary are added at the end of cooking.


Naturally, I am of the opinion that it's the taste of Sicilian oranges that makes the dish so delicious!

7 comments:

Jenny Woolf said...

Wow, oranges, how lovely ! that is a beautiful idea.

Jenny Woolf said...

Wow, oranges, a lovely idea with chicken. I have never even thought of it before!

Rosaria Williams said...

Now, that's regional cuisine!

Angus Dei said...

num, num, num :)

CherryPie said...

It certainly looks delicious :-)

Jenny Woolf said...

I tried to leave a comment last night, but it obviously didn't work. I think there was a problem with my computer. Anyhow, I wanted to say how nice this sounds, I will try chicken and orange.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Thanks for being so determined, Jenny. I've cooked several dishes in which chicken and oranges are combined but this is the most successful. I can't give precise quantities and method here because the recipe is copyright but I'm sure most people will be able to work it out! Hi, Rosaria. It certainly is! Ciao, Angus. Thanks, Cherie.

Counters


View My Stats