Saturday, September 02, 2006

PECORINO


In the post Pane e Formaggio of 26th July I showed you the pecorino cheese seasoned with red pepper. Here is the black pepper version. Neither tastes anything like the harder pecorino which we get in Britain. Pecorino can be used in cooking and grated into pasta like parmigiano.

A lot of Italians now buy their parmesan or other pasta cheese ready grated. The salumerie will do it for you or you can pick it up in the supermarket, the date and time of grating being carefully stamped on the container so you know it has been freshly done.

1 comment:

Maria said...

There are days where I can tell you I love Cheese more than I love Chocolate! That looks simply and delicious and I am sure it tastes nothing like the cheese here in America~M

Counters


View My Stats