Monday, November 27, 2023

A NEW BOOK!

Three years, thousands of tears, thrice-tested (at least) recipes, thoughts of giving up and throngs of friends to thank for listening to me and keeping me going - finally my cookbook, Cooking in Green Lemon Land, is here! If cooking had always been therapeutic for me, I can assure you that writing a cookbook was not; in fact, it is one of the hardest things I have ever done but done it is and I am pleased with it.

It is not, I hasten to say, a Sicilian cookbook, but rather a book which shows what I do with the wonderful ingredients available to me here, incorporating into my dishes what I know of international cookery and, in particular, my love of spices. Where I do give Sicilian recipes, they are with my own touches.

I am not allowed to sell the book myself, nor would I expect or wish to do so, but hopefully copies will become available in one or two bookshops here and after Christmas (with the help of a friend to adjust the file in technical ways that are beyond me) I should be able to put it on Amazon. I will keep you posted.

Meanwhile, thanks to all in Italy and the UK who have encouraged me in this endeavour and happy cooking!





4 comments:

Bev said...

Oh MY G!
What an endeavour Pat! I admire you for undertaking this gargantuan task and for not giving up.

I looked instantly for it on Amazon when I saw your post on Facebook. I see I will have to be patient.

After this experience, do you think you would tackle another book? I could see a compilation of your quirky experiences in Sicily. You have a great sense of humor that borders on a humorous irony that I know would make a great book.

Once again - great job!
Love, Bev and Tala

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, Bev and thank you so much. Yes, I'm afraid my friend can't help me until after Christmas because it's a busy time for him at work. I wrote a memoir in 2020, which has some of my experoences in Sicily in it and we are going to put that one on Amazon too. I'll keep you up to date! Lots of love from Bertie and me. xx

CherryPie said...

I am still waiting for your memoire to become available, I would love to read it xx-

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, Cherie. Thank you. To put it on Amazon, the file needs to be adjusted in particularly techy ways so I am waiting for a typesetter friend to help me do this. I'll let you know when he does it!

Counters


View My Stats