Thursday, September 22, 2022

THERE HAD TO BE CAKE

Like so many all over the world, I devoted Monday to watching, on television, the ritual that accompanied the end of an era in London. I am glad I bought an extra box of tissues! A friend and I lunched, between processions, church services, standing for the national anthem and tears, on Italian stuzzichini (finger food) and a Turkish lahmacun (because it tastes good cold and I had therefore been able to make it the day before, using a pizza base not pitta bread, as it traditional). After that there had to be cake and my local bar made the one you see below for me - a thank you to the late Queen but also looking to the future with King Charles:   



Thus a Welshwoman and a Scottish woman in Sicily bade farewell to this most international of queens and we do not think she would have minded at all. 

4 comments:

CherryPie said...

A lovely way to celebrate the life of 'Our Queen' and shed some tears because she is no longer with us.

Long Live The King.

Sackerson said...

How lovely !

Peter MacFarlane said...

What a lovely idea and the cake looks amazing.

Thank you for this and your previous post, beautiful thoughts nicely worded.

I hope you are well, I am ashamed to say it's been a while since I looked at your blog.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Thank you, CherryPie and Sackerson. Sorry to be so late responding.
Hello, Peter and thank you. You are always welcome.

Counters


View My Stats