Last year, I published this recipe for lemon polpette which I had adapted from a magazine. Well, now I have adapted the adaptation and I thought you might like to know about it! I had three-quarters of an enormous red pepper to use up, you see, so I decided to add it to the polpette mixture: I just chopped most of it up very finely in order to do so but left a little to cut into strips to strew among the polpette in the roasting tin. It looks pretty and if they char a bit, it adds to the appeal!
Oh, and I left the garlic out this time - because I didn't have any.
This adaptation worked very well and I'll definitely continue making the recipe this way.
Tip: If you find that the mixture doesn't quite bind together with these measures [Italian eggs are bigger than UK ones] just add a little lemon juice.