Thursday, April 05, 2012

GOT IT!



Why my local Conad store has only one of these handy wheeled baskets is one of Sicily's great mysteries.  A few months ago nine of these arrived at the store and it's hard to believe that eight disappeared at the same time. 

There are trolleys, of course, but I don't usually need one and I object to paying a trolley deposit because when you don't have a car it's a real nuisance having to put all your bags on the floor so that you have a hand free to retrieve your precious euro, then trying to organize them on your arms again.

Anyway, today I achieved a minor victory as I got the wheely basket!

5 comments:

Lucia said...

there a black wheely baskets at my FRESHCO's. hard to find too!

Betty said...

I guess Conad is a grocery store. Gee, I'm surprised they charge a deposit on what we would call a shopping cart, but not a deposit on the rolling basket. There might be a deposit soon if they're disappearing.

Earlier this week they showed Mt. Etna erupting a little on the news.

Rosaria Williams said...

A deposit on the basket? How else do they expect folks to carry food?

CherryPie said...

Happy Shopping :-)

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, Lucia. I'm amazed you have similar problems over there! Hi, Betty. It's a supermarket chain. Yes, Etna has been erupting a lot recently. Hi, Rosaria. The deposit is on the trolleys but I object to it! Thanks, Cherie.

Counters


View My Stats